November 21, 2013
5 Ideas to Get Noticed
The job market is competitive today. Employers often get dozens of applicants for positions. Imagine being a simple line in a queue of applications, with a similar resume to ten other qualified candidates. Sometimes, it takes the extra effort to get called in for an interview. Here some ideas from the Cydcor sales blog to make an impression that will get you where you want to go when job hunting.
- Do your research. If you were applying for a job at Cydcor, you would want to learn about the company and what kinds of people work there. There are example of team testimonials on the Cydcor website. Research can give you good insight as to what skills to highlight in your cover letter, and also give you the opportunity to share what you know about the company when you contact them.
- Get to know someone who works there. Reach out on LinkedIn, or search for related networking events that might have representatives there. Letting anyone you can find know that you are applying can often help.
- Build a strong online presence. Many human resource managers and recruiters use social media to find information about applicants. Make sure you own your name space when people search for you.
- Reach out on social media. Interact with the company’s Facebook page and Twitter accounts to get their attention. It may be a different department, but showing a genuine interest can never hurt. Cydcor welcomes all interested sales professionals to its social media accounts.
- Make a blog/website. Some applicants think outside the box by making a personal blog or website devoted to why they are a good fit. You can make a free website at Weebly or start a blog on WordPress.
What are some great things you’ve done to get noticed in the past?