Cydcor and 10n2 bring mobile phone technology into the workplace for corporate customers
Cydcor announced that the company is a Platinum provider for 10n2 Technologies, the leading provider of software that prevents the use of mobile devices while driving.
Cydcor is a provider of BizProtect™, a smartphone app that enables companies to enforce their mobile phone policies and protect their employees and businesses from the unnecessary costs and accident risk of distracted driving.
The app takes the temptation away to text, tweet, and surf the Internet while driving and is the proprietary technology that can stop businesses from losing millions of dollars per year on texting-related accidents. Cydcor is selling the service in the U.S., Canada, and the United Kingdom and recently launched websites in the U.S. and U.K.
Texting statistics show that:
- 46% of drivers admit to texting and driving
- 30% of all traffic accidents involve mobile phone use
- Company vehicles are 40% more likely to be in an accident
- Text messaging is six times more dangerous than drunk driving
“This innovative technology prohibits people from texting and driving, period,” said Ciaran Hynes, CEO of 10n2 Technologies. “Texting and driving is a liability issue for companies, and BizProtect guards them against those unnecessary costs through our technology designed specifically to prevent accidents related to mobile phone usage. We’re proud to be working with Cydcor and its proven track record of bringing products to B2B customers.”
BizProtect offers numerous differentiating features, including:
- The Attention Verification Test (AVT), which allows the app to differentiate between who is the driver and who is a passenger, thus allowing passengers to continue using their mobile phones and prohibiting those at the wheel.
- An administration portal that offers user-friendly, cloud-based access to control, update, and manage various policy settings.
- The ability to keep employees safer when they’re on the road reducing fleet running costs caused by current accident rates, as shown on Cydcor’s fleet cost calculator (e.g., one year with 100 vehicles on the road and a 50% accident rate = $100,000 in costs to the company)
- Unique battery-saving GPS technology.
“Our sales force caters to corporate level clients, and 10n2 will enable us to sell their unique product offering to thousands of companies across the globe,” said Cydcor president Jim Majeski. “We serve a diverse client base, and we’re thrilled to be able to expand our service offerings into this area.”
“This product is ideal for the target customer – those with fleets of automobiles or trucks,” said Jim Siegrist, senior vice president of business development at Cydcor. “This product not only helps prevent the great financial costs of accidents, but is a technology that is operationally efficient for those managing company fleets.”
Cydcor is the leading provider of outsourced, face-to-face Cydcor sales teams to a diverse client base of companies in a wide range of industries, including telecommunications, office products, retail, energy, and financial services. Serving Fortune 500 and emerging market clients in the business-to-business, residential, and retail channels through in-store marketing initiatives, Cydcor works with a network of more than 300 independently-owned corporate licensee (ICL) sales offices, providing clients access to more than 4,600 sales professionals. The privately-held company is based in Westlake Village, California. For more information about Cydcor, go to www.cydcor.com.
About 10n2 Technologies:
10n2 Technologies is a leading provider of software that prevents the use of mobile devices while behind the wheel, helping save lives and prevent injuries. For businesses as well as consumers, it can help reduce the costs, risks and liability associated with distracted driving accidents. 10n2 Technologies is working in partnership with companies, individuals, mobile phone operators, insurance companies, governments and all stakeholders to make our roads safer for everyone. Visit www.10n2tek.com for additional information.