Cydcor Creates Philanthropic New Program, ‘Cydcor Cares,’ to Further Community Involvement
Cydcor, the leading provider of face-to-face sales teams, has announced that the company is expanding its community outreach efforts through a new program called “Cydcor Cares,” which puts both local and remote team members in direct contact with low to no cost charitable opportunities that they can do individually or as a group on a quarterly basis.
Cydcor Cares will create opportunities for team members to volunteer and donate time to local organizations, such as food kitchens, literacy programs at public libraries, and to “adopt” an elementary school, providing services such as tutoring, reading, music, and drama/coaching. Cydcor’s team members can also volunteer their expertise to business building programs in the community, such as interviewing, resume building, and career coaching.
As a result of Cydcor’s commitment to team members and community outreach program, the company was named one of the Best Places to Work in the San Fernando Valley Business Journal in 2008 and 2009. Additionally, in the recent past, Cydcor team members:
- Participated in Heal the Bay, where they collected 50 pounds of trash and other debris during a beach clean-up
- Donated 27 large boxes of items, ranging from food snacks and toiletries and entertainment, to American Soldiers through Any Soldier, Inc., an organization that helps nearly 100,000 American soldiers in all branches of the military receive letters and packages from home
- Hosted a toy drive to benefit Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles during its annual corporate kick-off meeting
- Donated groceries and hygiene products to a Manna-sponsored food drive
- Helped more than 500 Sylmar families who lost their homes in the Sayre fire
“At Cydcor, community involvement is paramount, which is why we provide every team member with a ‘Volunteer Day,’ of eight paid hours they can use at any time in the year” said Chief Executive Officer Gary Polson. “Our Cydcor Cares program will enable them to take advantage of additional opportunities and resources to use those volunteer hours.”
In addition to individual team member contributions year-round, Cydcor Cares will have one, pre-chosen philanthropic activity per year that will be sponsored by Cydcor, enabling team members to come together and work as a group to complete the effort.
Cydcor Cares was developed on the heels of other Cydcor philanthropic programs, including the Neighborhood Leader program and the company-sponsored Volunteer Day benefit. Neighborhood Leader provides Cydcor’s independently licensed offices with the opportunity to provide their time and talent to non-profit, community, or charitable organizations of their choice, with Cydcor matching their individual donations.
“It’s important to all of us to live up to our behaviors we value by collaborating to give back to the community,” Polson said. “Not only do we strive to be an example to the field, but we strongly encourage unity and volunteerism. We give our all to our business, and we’re doing the same for the community.”