As you celebrate the New Year, reflect back on the one we’re just finishing up. What were your biggest successes? Your most frustrating failures? Consider the coming months and use this year’s experiences to identify possible challenges and desired goals.
After a month or two, the New Year loses some of its initial excitement and may move back into that place of hard work and routine. It’s during these times that we need support and encouragement to continue moving onward and upward the most.
We’ve selected 12 inspirational quotes from some seriously smart men and women in a variety of professions. Their wit and wisdom are just the spark you’ll need to pump up your optimism!
1. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle, American humorist, and actor
2. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash, Founder Mary Kay Cosmetics
3. “It’s easier to explain price once than to apologize for quality forever.” – Zig Ziglar, Salesman and motivational speaker
4. “Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them.” – Ann Landers, Advice columnist
5. “Goals aren’t enough. You need goals plus deadlines: goals big enough to get excited about and a deadline to make you run.” – Ben Feldman, Salesman, and author
6. “I’ve never worked a day in my life without selling. If I believe in something, I sell it, and I sell it hard.” – Estée Lauder, Co-founder Estée Lauder Companies
7. “Fear is the destroyer of dreams and the killer of ambitions.” – Jeffrey Benjamin, Senior adviser to Cyrus Capital Partners, LP
8. “If you are hardworking and determined, you will make it, and that’s the bottom line. I don’t believe in an easy way through.” – Isabel Dos Santos, Africa’s richest businesswoman as reported by Forbes
9. “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.” – Booker T. Washington, African-American educator, author, and businessman
10. “You really can change the world if you care enough.” – Marian Wright Edelman, President and founder, The Children’s Defense Fund
11. “A lot of people complain about yesterday. We have no power to change yesterday. But this very day, 30 years later, is what we can control and decide. Change yourself, take baby steps, and stay determined for ten years.” – Jack Ma, executive chairman of Alibaba Group
12, “My best successes came on the heels of failures.” – Barbara Corcoran, businesswoman and investor, host of ABC’s Shark Tank
Save these quotes. Display them near your work area where is easy for you to see. Get familiar with them and turn to them when times get tough. Use these quotes as the foundation of a personal book of quotations, one that you’ll build and study over the coming months and years.
And always remember that you’re never alone when you surround yourself with wise and thoughtful friends.
Has an inspirational quote ever had a positive impact affect on your work habits? Please share it here, and be sure to follow Cydcor on Instagram for the latest photos of what’s going on at our office in Agoura Hills, CA: https://www.instagram.com/cydcor
We are Cydcor, the recognized leader in outsourced sales services. From our humble beginnings as an independent sales company based in Canada, to garnering a reputation as the global leader in outsourced sales, Cydcor has come a long way. We’ve done this by having exceptional sales professionals and providing our clients with proven sales and marketing strategies that get results.